My Blog List

Friday 19 August 2016

This dog bites!

I was once bitten by a dog.And as much as I love dogs,I came away from that experience with one vital piece of information :that particular dog bites.Life really is very simple at times.The need to over think is not always necessary or helpful.

Donald Trump has a new campaign manager.His run seemed to be faltering so it's reasonable to change strategy,the goal,after all being to get elected.So now we are seeing what would seem to be a kinder,gentler Trump.Also,a politician who seems more prepared to stick to the script rather than calling in his own plays.

Along with the new sense of direction,Donald Trump has become,at least in terms of appearances apologetic in respect of past misdeeds,especially those misdeeds which were perceived to hurt people.Perhaps he's sincere,or perhaps he's just become satiated with the taste of his own shoe leather.Either way,he insists that " I will always tell the truth." So what does that statement mean in view of the many things he's said already?

Was he telling the truth when he described Mexicans as rapists and criminals? If that was the truth a few short months ago,is it the truth now too?Speak up Mr.Trump,I'm wondering.Here's how I translate those expressed thoughts:Trump is taking ownership of being a racist.Mr.Trump,is it still an issue that we have no reason to suspect,on the basis of  Clinton being "unable to satisfy her husband" that she could satisfy the pressing needs of America.Translation:I'm a misogynist,and given the actual matrimonial score keeping,a hypocrite as well.If that was the truth then,has that truth changed at all? Donald,are disabled people still worthy only of your ridicule and contempt? Tell us the truth now.because my current translation is "I have no empathy,I don't care for a whole class of people who are beneath me" But maybe that "truth" is different now.Does the sacrifice of a Muslim war hero seem any different to you now than it did a month ago?Different truth ,different day? Translation:I support our troops.As long as it's a good old all American boy.

The problem with Mr.Trump's current repentant statements is that it's impossible to know what they really mean.I believe that many people,given the choice would choose not to hurt others.Equally,difficult truths need to be told at times.Trump is just talking in generalities.What is important is that if certain people are being hurt by  thoughtless dirty politics,then those specific incidents need to be identified and apologies made to those specific groups and individuals.I would be much more inclined to believe this change of heart were Trump talking about trees rather that the forest.Genuine sorrow over ones past actions is specific.

Now,lets find the bottom line here.Mr.Trump suggests,in what seems like a brush off to me,that these issues are insignificant relative what is actually at stake.So then,what is at stake,again,specifically?Moving the nation to the right? Preventing America from being dominated by liberal ideals? Making America Great Again? Maybe I'm missing something here,but how does any of this not have something,indeed a lot to do with racism xenophobia and lack of empathy?

So I'm walking down the street,past that house where I was bitten by the dog.But,instead of a sign saying "Beware Of Dog",I only see a sign saying "Under New Management." But the same old cars are parked in the yard,the same old pitbulls roam the yard and the fence separating me from them is neither higher nor newer.The kinder,gentler,repentant dog owner is still standing on the porch,with a nicer smile.It'a a damn good thing I know what I've learned by hard experience: THIS DOG BITES!

                                                                     blyndpapaya

  

No comments:

Post a Comment