My Blog List

Wednesday 17 August 2016

Caveman with too much testosterone in Alberta Canada.

Do you recall that commercial a few years back with the slogan"so easy even a caveman can do it"? The one that ended with a red faced announcer eating crow while apologizing to two cavemen for having offended them.It was a well received if only mildly amusing commercial.However,I just recently discovered that there is at least one surviving caveman,and his antics are not anywhere close to amusing.In fact,I find them repulsive,as anyone that has any sense of morality that is developed beyond a purely pre-historical level should. And,I will in no way apologize to this particular neanderthal once I've demonstrated on him how the pen is mightier than the spear,and left him gutted out but still breathing all over this blog entry.

Josh Bowmar is from Ohio.Recently he came to Alberta,Canada to  hunt bears.With a spear.He posted video of that experience for the whole world to see.Briefly,that video shows,initially an unsuccessful attempt to spear a black bear,which Mr.Bowmar had lured with bait.It shows Mr.Bowmar holding a spear which has been outfitted with a camera along it's shaft.It also has a menacing looking blade..As I say,initially the bear escapes,but comes back and is then speared,in the side and runs off again.It is found dead some time later and quite nearby.

The remaining minutes of the video show Josh Bowmar in his self absorbed,demented victory dance,laughing and shouting about how he speared a bear.What it does not show is Mr.Bowmar doing anything to track the bear,obviously still alive,to complete the task of dispatching it humanely.He claims,at that point that to do so would be dangerous.Yet coming to the woods without a sure means of securing his safety was not? His narcissistic display of self congratulatory orgasm was not? Mr.Bowmar is not a true hunter,he's a cold.callus killer and that sort of action,that anyone so inclined can witness on the video,is likely the only thing capable of causing him an orgasm.I'm imagining that Bowmar considers himself a purest in terms of hunting.I consider him a menace a sensationalist addict of barbarian thrill and  arrested in a pre-historic stage of moral development.In fact I find nothing at all redeeming about his actions. It's like shooting goats in a petting zoo.Only afterward does the idea of danger appear in Bowmar's mind,and only then as a excuse not to do the right thing.

And that's the most positive view of this whole situation that I can come up with.In fact,in viewing the whole video,I'm really convinced that it's not merely a matter of ignorant moral neglect on Bowmar's part.It seems far more malignant than that.It seems as if what I'm viewing was something that holds the suffering inflicted as an end in and of itself.But I could be wrong so watch the video yourself if you can stomach it.

Now you might be tempted to label me as a left wing, radical,tofu eating tree hugger Let me assure you that is not the case.Like a good many people,especially males,I took a firearms safety and was taught to hunt.In fact I was rather accomplished at shooting in years past when I had better eyes.But I never really took up hunting as an adult.I have no objection to hunting.Some people hunt to survive.Other people,including people I know in Alberta live far from town.For them the possibility of an animal attack,in particular a bear attack is real,and they keep guns to defend themselves against that possibility.In either event,I have no objection.I am somewhat less comfortable with the idea of trophy hunting,but I think I would have admit that even that can be done humanely.I'm just not convinced that it serves any real need.

I live in the city and have no fear of attack from anything more dangerous than a garbage eating raccoon with an attitude.There is lots of meat,which I eat with pleasure,in the supermarket,and which I can more or less afford.If I could not,I might well hunt as a supplement.I know,fully well that a living creature gave it's life that I might enjoy that meat.And in fact,I respect that sacrifice.

And therein lies the wrongfulness of Mr.Bowmars actions.As with most actions of it's sort,it comes down to a simple and total lack of respect.Again,as a Christian,I feel that in any sort of killing,one needs to have a deep sense of reflective reverence for the things which our Creator made,and which we could not.Again,there is no particular need to be religiously observant in order to find this reverence.But either way,killing is not a small thing,and most people seem to get that. In fact,it occurs to me that those who do not are less than fully endowed with human sensibilities.

Firstly ask,was the killing of Bowmar's bear necessary.Did it serve any legitimate purpose?.Was anything fed by it,save Bowmar's obvious blood lust? If it was a function of self defense,it was only made necessary by engaging in an activity that any reasonably minded person could have anticipated would bring danger,perhaps extreme peril. Mr.Bowmar however seems to have no such thought.And,to that end,it's a shame that he is not eligible for a Darwin Award.We would be well deprived of his DNA.

I would,finally,be remiss in not noting the sensationalism involved in this horrifying act.That is less a problem with Mr.Bowmar than a problem of epidemic proportions in society at large,in which we have been turned into a world of vicarious thrill seekers.Mr.Bowmar has no qualms about pandering to the reality of that world though,as he carries on,laughing and joking.In one news article,he even describes the spear in sickening detail,and the damage it can do to a bear.Mr.Bowmar,I for one fully comprehend your point in providing that description.You are overly fixated on the size and prowess of you spear.Had you not meant to convey it's power to penetrate,you would not have affixed a camera to it's hard,uncompromising shaft.It all plays so well in some morally decayed circles,doesn't it?

Let me ask,what's next Mr.Bowmar?What is you next act of self absorbed masturbation? May I make a suggestion? Why don't you go elephant hunting with a Swiss Army knife.Maybe that way you will reap the Darwin Award that you so richly deserve.



Just a note in ending this post:I find this to be the harshest thing I've ever written in my life.Yet I find Mr.Bowmars actions fully worthy of every word of criticism.I will pray for a world in which such things need not be said.It will be a far better world than this one.But again,I will not apologize to this neanderthal.

                                                              blyndpapaya.



No comments:

Post a Comment